Who We Are, How We Function, How To Join
The NP Council is a structural unit of the North Carolina Nurses Association (NCNA). NCNA membership is a prerequisite to Council membership and participation in Council activities at all levels. The Council is divided into geographic regions across the state. Each region is a sub-structural unit of the Council and of NCNA. This regional structure is designed to enhance communication, networking, continuing education and leadership development opportunities at the grassroots level.
See Council of Nurse Practitioner Brochure
Read Endorsements from Other NCNA NP Council Members
Current Council Chair is Leslie Sharpe, FNP
Vice Chair, Sara Hubbell; Secretary, Sharyn Conrad; Member-at-Large, Crystal Coen; Member-at-Large, Donna McLean; Member-at-Large, Schquthia Peacock
SAVE THE DATE!!
2015 Nurse Practitioner Spring Symposium
March 29 - April 1, 2015
Omni Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC
Stay tuned here for all the information: NCNA Special Events page
NCNA Members eligible to join the Council:
• All Nurse Practitioners (NPs) approved to practice in North Carolina
• NP faculty
• RNs educated as NPs who are without approval to practice as NPs
• RNs who are students actively matriculating in a nurse practitioner program with the exception that NP students are not eligible to vote in elections and at business meetings
• Have the right to vote in Council elections and at business meetings (except students)
• Have the right to run for office on the executive committee
• Have the right to participate in regional NP groups—local extensions of the Council
• Receive monthly issues of the NCNA APRN E-Newsletter
How to join the Council:
• Join NCNA using Membership tab on menu above, either online or the application pdf.
• Can't download the .pdf version of the application? Email NCNA and have one mailed.
• Already an NCNA member but not on the Council? Email NCNA and ask to be put on the Council of Nurse Practitioners list. (Becoming an NCNA member does not automatically put you on a specific Council list!)